Assetto Corsa is an excellent, multiplayer racing game. My fave VR racer!
*Required to play
What You Need to Race
1. Buy Assetto Corsa, e.g. on Steam. We do not play Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Base game only. This is often on sale for $5 USD/£4 GBP. Note: No DLC is required, but we host servers for those too, like Nordschleife (Tourist).
2. Get our bundled mod tracks pack in Track Pack 1 (~6 GB).
3. You can see our list of tracks, here. Servers with an asterisk (*) require download of Track Pack 2, as Track Pack 1 will remain static. Alternatively, individual Race Department links are provided.
Download & unzip these into the game's tracks folder, here:
C:\Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > assettocorsa > content > tracks
4. Download the Content Manager (CM) launcher. This is much faster, easier, and far more well organised than the original game launcher.
5. VR players new to Assetto Corsa should also import our tried and tested VR starter configuration, here (just a single click after CM is installed). This fixes dash reflections, mirrors, and will give great VR performance.
6. (Optional) ZIM's favourite mod map and only paid track hosted is a 50km Canadian mountain trail. Very cool! Well worth the $1 or whatever you pay to get access to v2.08.
7. Our hardcore 24/7 servers sport mixed weather and 100% damage, all running from ZIM's attic in Scotland. If the server browser isn't working, just search for 'ZIM' in your server browser.
8. Join our Discord to speak during our casual races. Racers typically ping '@racers' in Discord when seeking others. Streams are run ad hoc and announced via ZIM's Twitter.
Your feedback and ideas are welcome; self-assign a 'racers' role in #roles, and drop your thoughts into #racing. Also, feel free to write @racers (max once per day, please) when looking for other drivers to grab casual laps.
Immersion Tips: Ctrl + H hides the in-game AC menus, F9 cycles HUD status, and editing this .ini file removes the lap counter:
C:\Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > assettocorsa > system > cfg > session_info | Just change everything from 1 to 0.
Monthly Racing Event
On the 1st Sunday of every month, players of various skill levels get together to race on ZIM's servers featuring 100% damage and mixed weather. This casual event runs from 8pm UK time for 3-4 hours.
See you out on the track!