Assetto Corsa is an excellent, multiplayer racing game. My fave VR racer!
On the 1st Sunday of every month, players of various skill levels get together to race on ZIM's servers featuring 100% damage and mixed weather. This casual event runs from 8pm UK time for 3-4 hours.
What You Need
1. Buy Assetto Corsa on Steam. We do not play the newer game Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Base game only. This is often on sale for $5 USD / 3 GBP. Note: No DLC is required, but we host servers for those too, like Nordschleife.
2. Get our all-in-one mod tracks Track Pack (8 GB)
C:\Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > assettocorsa > content > tracks
3. See our full list of 'ZIMRACING' servers and latest changes here.
4. Download Content Manager for FREE. This is a much faster, easier, and far more well organised launcher. It's a must have.
5. Import our tried and tested VR starter configuration, here. It's just a single click after CM is installed. This fixes dash reflections, mirrors, and will give great VR performance (reference: Intel i7 and GTX 1080). Last updated: 2021-04-04.
6. (Optional) ZIM's favourite mod map and only paid track hosted is a 50km Canadian mountain trail. Very cool! Well worth whatever you choose to pay to get access to v2.08.
7. Our hardcore 24/7 servers sport mixed weather and 100% damage. If the server browser isn't working, just search for 'ZIM' in your server browser. See how many are racing online now here.
8. Join our Discord to speak during our casual races. Ad hoc events are announced on Discord or via ZIM's Twitter.
Self-assign a 'racers' role in #roles, and drop any questions or suggestions into #racing. Also, feel free to write @racers when looking for other drivers to grab casual laps.
VR Immersion Tips: Ctrl + H hides the in-game AC menus, F9 cycles HUD status, and editing this .ini file removes the lap counter:
C:\Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > assettocorsa > system > cfg > session_info | Just change everything from 1 to 0.
See you on the track!